What is Phishing?
Phishing is a form of social engineering in which an attacker masquerades as a trustworthy entity and tries to persuade, scare, or threaten the recipient to take specific action or reveal personal information that leads to a security compromise. Our course assists with an understanding of how to identify these risks.
This short course is tailored to all individuals and organisations who would like to ensure they understand the risks associated with phishing and become familiar with the ways to identify potential phishing attempts.
What will I learn?
In this 2-hour Phishing Awareness course, the following topics are covered:
- What is Phishing?
- Who is at Risk?
- Most Valuable Information to Cyber Attackers
- Types of Phishing
- Phishing Examples
- Effects of Phishing
- Signs of Phishing Emails
- Tips to Spot a Phishing Attempt
By the end of this course, learners will be able to:
- Explain what Phishing is
- Explain different types of phishing
- Identify a phishing attempt
The following are all resources available to you for this course:
- A PowerPoint presentation including videos
- A learner workbook to which you can add notes
- An assessment that you will need to pass to obtain your certificate of completion
- You are not alone – Access to live chat/e-mail support to engage with facilitators if you need any assistance
Welcome to Phishing Awareness (Self-Study Course)
Learner Activity Workbook00:00
Completed Activity Workbook
Phishing Awareness Assessment